Peaceful Christmas

Faux Silk ~ have you tried this yet ~ what a fun Technique, I found this on Splitcoaststampers and knew I needed to try this out. It's really hard to see the effect on my card, but IRL it's totally different, too bad...but then again, if you want to see the effect, you should try this Technique! So here's a few peeks at what I created. The Faux Silk Technique was done on the Lovely As A Tree portion of the card.



I used the Northern Flurry Embossing folder on the inside of my fancy fold card. I then used my dauber and Frost White Shimmer Paint on the center raised portion of the snowflakes! Looks amazing!



The sentiment on the card front, snow flakes & inside where embossed with Silver Embossing Powder, the effect is beautiful against the Whisper White CS.


The 'grass' areas and tree centers were daubed with my 2 way glue pen and then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds! Very subtle, but stunning!




 ~ I hope I have inspired you to create ~
Thank you so much for stopping by today, have a wonderful day!


Peaceful Christmas ~ Nov, 2010
  • Stamps:  Lovely as A Tree, Serene Snowflake, Teeny Tiny Wishes, All Holidays
  • Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Tissue Paper (non SU)
  • Ink:  Versa Mark, Basic Black 
  • Acc:  Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Silver Embossing Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Large Oval Punch
All Supplies Stampin’ Up Unless Noted!


Comments

  1. This threw me off for a minute -- I was thinking "I know I commented on this yesterday but what happened to my comment?"
    I really do love this card. Your faux silk turned out wonderfully. The combination of the embossing powder, shimmer paint and dazzling diamonds is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I just did the Faux Silk technique with some of my girls too! AND used this EF as well....we think alike! Beautiful card...I like that fold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!

Popular posts from this blog

Card Class This Week !!!

Technique Tuesday, Adoring Hearts ~ #denisewillerton #stampinchezmoi #stampinupcanada

Kylie's Highlights Winners Blog Hop #denisewillerton #bloghop #stampinupcanada #stampinchezmoi